Happy bloggiversary! We’ve officially made it to one year. Back when I started, I had no idea if I could make it this far, but here we are! Thanks for coming along on this journey with me.
A while back, for my 6-month bloggiversary I shared some of my favorite posts I had written so far. This time I figured I’d do something a little different and celebrate some of the highlights from this year that I’m most proud of:
- I successfully posted at least once a week for an entire year! Before starting this blog, I never wrote regularly or on any sort of deadline and didn’t know if I’d be able to. Now, a year later, I haven’t missed a single week!
- I hosted my first author guest post by the lovely Leanna Renee Hieber, who spoke about the different types of female strength in gothic fiction.
- I participated in two Bloggiesta blogging marathons–the Winter 2016 Mini Bloggiesta and the week-long Spring 2016 Bloggiesta.
- I started two popular recurring features: Gothic Tropes and Literary Canons. I’ve written three of each so far, and I’ve got more on the way! (For tropes, see: Unreliable Narrators, Absent Mothers, and Creepy Housekeepers; for canons, see: Vampire, Zombie, and Devil & Demon)
- Lastly, I hosted 3 giveaways and reviewed a total of 19 books!
What would you like to see more of here at The Gothic Library? What are your favorite types of posts? What new areas would you like to see me branch out into? Let me know in the comments!