Several years ago, one of gothdom’s most reverend authors decided to start a new Halloween tradition. We love books. We love Halloween. Why not combine them? Thus, Neil Gaiman created All Hallow’s Read. Celebrating All Hallow’s Read is simple—just give someone a scary book either on Halloween or during the week leading up to the holiday. To learn more about the tradition and its origins, check out the All Hallow’s Read website. Not sure what books to give? Lists of suggestions abound, but below are some of my favorite spooky stories to share with family, friends, or strangers of all ages.
Also, in the spirit of this tradition, I’ll be giving away a spooky book myself! Read through to the bottom to find out how you can enter to win the horror/humor collection Blood Lite II: Overbite.
Books to give children:
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Goosebumps by R. L. Stine
Books to give teens:
- Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski
- Made for You by Melissa Marr
- The New Year’s Party by R. L. Stine
Books to give adults:
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- A collection of H.P. Lovecraft
And speaking of giving out books, here’s one for you! Just enter the rafflecopter giveaway below for a chance to win Blood Lite II: Overbite. This anthology contains humorous horror stories from authors like Kelly Armstrong, L. A. Banks, Allison Brennan, Heather Graham, and more! A winner will be chosen and announced on October 30th.